Senior Program Manager, Diversity and Inclusion
Foster City, Calif. (a suburban area south of San Francisco)
From Ms. Eleanor Patty Dingle, director of diversity and inclusion at Visa International.
About the Opportunity
The Senior Program Manager, Diversity and Inclusion will support, manage and implement diversity and inclusion strategies and programs. The role reports to the Chief Diversity Officer.
The ideal candidate for this position will have more 6-8 years prior training and/or related human resource experience, particularly in supporting diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of project management and ability to drive programs that support the organization's workforce diversity, inclusiveness, and retention opportunities. The candidate should possess strong analytical skills and ability to translate metrics, research, and trends into strategy. In addition to an ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally, he/she must be a team player with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Support Chief Diversity Officer Diversity with development and implementation of corporate diversity and inclusion strategies, including recruitment, performance management, leadership development, employee engagement and retention;
· Develop metrics for measuring the effectiveness of corporate diversity initiatives;
· Drive diversity programs in partnership with the D&I team and various stakeholders across HR.
· Serve as subject matter expert and liaison to HRBPs and the business to develop strategic action to attract/develop/retain diverse talent by analyzing and presenting talent demographics, monitoring data trends and developing diversity initiatives.
· Benchmark and research analysis, including monitoring and reporting on diversity and inclusion topics;
· Partner with communications to regularly communicate internal and external diversity and inclusion initiatives, events and progress;
· Development, management, and integration of the organization's Employee Resource Groups; and
· Identify, build, and sustain community partnerships to support corporate diversity and inclusion projects/plans/initiatives and business strategies
· Minimum 6-8 years prior training and/or related human resource experience.
· Proven, progressive experience and demonstrated effectiveness leading diversity and inclusion related initiatives and programs particularly outside of the U.S.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis in Excel and PowerPoint
· Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and interface effectively with all levels of the organization
· Project management skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience in facilitation/presentation
· Strong, operational, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, be a team player, manage multiple projects and possess a strong knowledge of diversity metrics and analytics.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
For more information and to apply, visit:
The Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers (AMPTP)
Communications and Public Relations Strategist
Sherman Oaks, Calif. (a suburban area northwest of downtown Los Angeles)
From APALS via Ms. Jacqueline Wu.
· 5 - 7+ years of experience in communications
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Impeccable writing skills
· Ability to fashion new and creative approaches to corporate communications
· Candidates must demonstrate the ability to build solid relationships with representatives of the media as well as union and studio public relations representatives
· Be a self-starter
· Conduct detailed research and analysis
· Organize and present complex information in an understandable way
· Experience in labor-management communication and in crisis communications is highly desirable
· Strong organizational, research, project management and computer skills
The position reports to the President.
To be considered for this position candidates must:
1. Send a resume (MS Word or PDF files only) links will not be viewed
2. Include salary history
3. Send 2 brief writing samples (MS Word or PDF files only) links will not be viewed
Candidates meeting the requirements will be contacted directly within two weeks.
Apply to: email@example.com
Attn: MG Consulting.
Neither third party submissions nor phone calls or inquiries to the AMPTP office will be accepted.
Spirit of America
Vice President, Development and Citizen Engagement
From Ms. Jacqueline Wu.
The Aspen Leadership Group is proud to partner with Spirit of America in the search for a Vice President for Development and Citizen Engagement. Reporting to the Founder and CEO and serving as a member of Spirit of Americas senior executive team, the Vice President will lead and expand Spirit of Americas fundraising programs, marketing, communications, and citizen engagement.
Spirit of America supports the safety and success of Americans serving abroad and the local people and partners they seek to help. It provides private assistance in direct response to needs identified by American military and civilian personnel, adding the agility, innovation, and resources of the American private sector to the capabilities of the US government and military in support of US missions abroad. Spirit of America is funded entirely by private contributions from individuals, foundations, and businesses and has raised more than $22 million in donations from more than 17,000 individual donors.
The Vice President for Development and Citizen Engagement, building upon this strong and stable core of fundraising, will leverage Spirit of Americas success in philanthropic partnerships, engaging a larger number of philanthropists in service to the organizations international humanitarian mission through investment in Spirit of Americas proven approaches and exciting plans for growth.
The Vice President for Development and Citizen Engagement is the senior fundraising officer for Spirit of America and is responsible for all donor and supporter-facing activities including grassroots and online fundraising, major gift fundraising, communications, social media and public relations, and marketing. The Vice President will ensure excellence in cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of Spirit of Americas individual, corporate, and foundation donors and prospective donors.
Spirit of Americas Founder and CEO, other leadership team members, and board leaders are ready and eager to welcome a senior, sophisticated, entrepreneurial colleague, with expertise in fundraising and passion for Spirit of Americas mission, to partner with them in expanding the institutions impact.
A bachelor’s degree is required and an advanced degree is preferred. Strong candidates will have ten or more years of professional experience.
To apply for this position, visit http://opportunities.aspenleadershipgroup.com
To nominate a candidate, please contact Ron Schiller, firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce
Public Policy Manager
From APALS via Ms. Jacqueline Wu.
Founded in 1888, the Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce is one of the nation’s leading regional business advocacy organizations. We’re a fast-paced public policy department with a mission of improving the economic prosperity and quality of life throughout Southern California. Our work revolves around policy development and advocacy at all levels of government, coalition building and providing maximum value to our members. For more information, visit www.lachamber.com.
The public policy manager is in the Public Policy Division of the Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce and reports to the vice president of public policy. This is a salaried exempt employee with full benefits, including paid sick leave, vacation, 401(k) participation, health, vision and dental.
· Manage issue development for the Chamber and advise the Senior Vice President of Public
· Policy & Political Affairs on setting the Chamber’s public policy agenda.
· Serve as an advocate for the Chamber on the federal, state, regional and local levels of government through coalition work, direct lobbying, and grass roots organizing.
· Responsible for effectively representing the Chamber, its board of directors and members before elected officials and general public.
· Staff the Chamber’s public policy councils as assigned as well as special task forces and industry councils as needed.
· Track issue development and legislation at assigned jurisdictions, as well as maintain regular interaction with key elected officials and their staff.
· Develop issue messaging and communications strategy in coordination with the Chamber’s marketing & communications department and fellow stakeholders.
· Contribute to the development of the Chamber’s external communications (website, weekly member communications, newsletter and media)
· Perform other duties as assigned by Senior Vice President of Public Policy & Political Affairs
· Bachelor’s degree required;
· Minimum of three years’ experience in related field
· Experience with CA State legislative/regulatory processes a plus
· Experience with Land Use/Housing and/or tech policy preferred
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Significant experience in project management, policy analysis and issue development
· Ability to provide excellent customer service and be a team player
· Ability to produce a large quantity of work at high quality
· Demonstrated ability to work well with volunteers and staff at all levels
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Email resumes to Ruben Gonzalez, L.A. Area Chamber, email@example.com
From APALS and Ms. Jacqueline Wu.
Turnaround Arts is a public-private partnership created by the President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities (PCAH), in coordination with the U.S. Department of Education and the White House Domestic Policy Council. The program is designed to bring effective and integrated arts education into some of the lowest performing elementary and middle schools in the country. Through this initiative, schools in the process of reform develop new strategies and tools to shift school culture and climate, and better engage students and parents through the arts.
The Turnaround Arts: California office seeks a skilled Program Coordinator to coordinate general program administrative functions, support special events and foster communications with schools, partners and media. The ideal candidate will be passionate about mission driven work, a self-motivated and ambitious team player, and excited about starting a new non-profit from the ground up. Join us and contribute to the changing face of education reform strategy.
Specific job responsibilities:
· Establish and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders including sensitive and confidential contacts
· Communicate clearly and professionally to explain procedures, regulations and processes to a wide variety of individuals
· Use discretion and judgment to communicate with media, high-profile officials and VIPs
· Draft news releases and other correspondence involving research and persuasive writing
· Support special event planning, scheduling and execution, including, but not limited to: press conferences, media events, symposiums, visits with high-profile artists and public officials
· Develop and maintain communications systems targeted at specific audiences
· Develop master communications content calendars
· Coordinate, post and monitor content and for a variety of social media platforms
· Ensure a consistent look and voice throughout all communications collateral
· Adhere to guidelines for the communication of program related information
· Draft and process contracts and track adherence to contract terms and deliverable deadlines
· Fact check and copy edit communications materials to ensure transmittal of error-free documents
· Provide advice to managers on program issues and resolving operational issues
· Serve as the initial point of contact for the Turnaround Arts: California office
· Develop and manipulate data in multiple databases
· Calendar meetings and provide written meeting minutes
· Coordinate travel arrangements
· Process and track reimbursements and check requests
· Compose letters, e-mails and presentations with clear writing and proper grammar
· Maintain highly organized digital and paper filing systems
· Assume other responsibilities as requested
Submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Program Coordinator Position.” Materials will be reviewed on a first come first serve basis with interviews anticipated in January 2014.
· Cover letter demonstrating interest and ability to perform the job responsibilities outlined above
· Resume demonstrating experience and education
· Salary history
· Current contact information for three professional references
NOTICE: All statements made on the application materials are subject to verification. Exaggerated, false or misleading statements may be cause for rejection of the application and/or termination of employment.
All information contained herein does not constitute either an expressed or implied offer of employment. We reserve the right to reject any or all applications, or to terminate the selection process for any position without prior notice.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a relevant field of study
· Demonstrated experience to perform the job responsibilities outlined above
Required skill sets:
· Ambition and desire to help build a non-profit startup from the ground up
· Self-motivated team player, excited to play a critical role in a small office and contribute to meaningful, mission driven work
· Logistics experience, including coordinating meetings, symposiums, media events or other widely attended events
· Effective oral and written communication skills, demonstrating tact, diplomacy and accuracy
· Experience managing social media content and platforms
· Ability to professionally format letters, press releases and other documents, including basic visual/graphic communications
· Demonstrated discretion in dealing with high-profile contacts
· Ability to quickly adapt to changing circumstances and priorities, take appropriate initiative and work independently
· Ability and willingness to learn and perform a variety of administrative tasks as shifting program demands require
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to represent Turnaround Arts in an professional manner
Additional Salary Information: Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience; Benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays and paid time off.
Asian Pacific Community Fund (APCF)
From Ms. Debra A. Fong, executive director of the Asian Pacific Community Fund and Mr. Michael Chee, director of marketing, public relations and communications at the Fairplex.
Marketing Manager - Job Announcement
throughout Los Angeles County and beyond. Programs and services are provided in 27 Asian languages plus English and Spanish.
Incorporated in 1990, the Asian Pacific Community Fund (APCF) is the only community based fund of its kind, generating vital resources and funding through Workplace Giving Programs as well as other channels to support the rapidly growing Asian and Pacific Islander communities. APCF and its 29 affiliate agencies provide linguistically and culturally appropriate health and human services to 225,000 residents.
The Asian Pacific Community Fund’s mission is to cultivate philanthropists to invest in community organizations that empower underserved Asian and Pacific Islanders to prosper. We transform lives and meet the diverse needs of Asian and Pacific Islanders by building healthier communities, developing leaders, creating a stronger voice and providing the foundation for a brighter tomorrow.
APCF is looking for a tech-savvy marketing and communications professional who is passionate about the Asian and Pacific Islander community.
Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Event Planning, Project Management
Commensurate with experience. This is a full-time exempt position.
1145 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 105, Los Angeles, CA 90017
The Marketing Manager’s primary responsibility is to oversee the organization’s marketing strategies, communications, and media relations. This position will be responsible for planning and implementing overall communications efforts to advance the organization through press, media, community relations, special events, cause marketing initiatives, and print, electronic and social media. The Marketing Manager will also assume event production responsibilities for the annual gala and other donor events. This position reports to the Executive Director.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
Marketing & Communications
· Create an overall marketing strategy that increases the public visibility of the organization and
· elevates awareness. Lead efforts to produce relevant and engaging communications that result in measurable action.
· Ensure consistent communication of image, brand and position externally and internally.
· Serve as media relations contact for the organization, corresponding and building relationships with press contacts, pitching stories and seeking media sponsorships. Write press releases, medial alerts and public service announcements. Create and distribute press kits and coordinate press conferences as appropriate.
· Create, design, enhance and/or produce all digital and printed marketing and promotional materials including videos, PSAs, web content, annual reports, e-newsletters, brochures, flyers, etc.
· Increase APCF’s presence on social networking websites maximizing APCF’s internet exposure.
· Ensure APCF information is accurate and up to date on all third party websites.
· Coordinate and produce annual gala and other events, some of which include the following:
· Research event locations and coordinate site visits.
· Create and prepare various forms of solicitation or invitation to the events.
· Secure guests, track attendees and process payments.
· Secure and coordinate with sponsors, awardees, vendors, etc. as needed to ensure a smooth event.
· Overall day of event coordination.
· Assist with post-event follow up.
· Update and maintain event website and online marketing and processes.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
· Experience with Wordpress Content Management System or HTML
· Self-starter with strong project management, organizational skills
· Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects with maturity, initiative and timeliness and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with optimal results
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment
· Strong problem solving, research and analytical skills
· Must be a self-starter, self-motivated, creative, and detail oriented
· Intermediate/advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel and internet research
· Proficiency or ability to quickly become proficient in creating websites and graphics programs
· US citizen or permanent resident status
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Valid California Driver’s License, access to the use of a reliable automobile on a daily basis, and automobile insurance, regular local travel required
· Ability to work a flexible schedule (occasional nights and weekends may be required)
· 2-5 years of relevant experience with demonstrated success
· Experience with Adobe Design Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc)
· Understanding and familiarity of the Asian and Pacific Islander community in Los Angeles County
· Ability to speak, read & write Chinese, Japanese and/or Korean a plus
TO APPLY, please email the following to
1. Cover letter
2. Salary Requirements or Salary History
El Segundo, Calif. (a suburban area just south of LAX)
From Mr. Kevin Zhang, director of human resources, Interpublic Group of Companies.
Mullen/LA is in need of an Office Manager with heavy experience managing office moves for an immediate hire in LA.
If they know any HR, bonus! We will relocate for this role, so anyone who is dying to get out west, here is your chance!!!
For details about Mullen, visit: http://www.mullen.com/about/
Ms. Caitlin Annunziata
40 Broad St. Boston, MA 02109
Ad Age A-List #2 Agency & Fast Co. Most Innovative Company