From 2020 – 2021, we have been actively engaged in different areas of our local community.
- Our chapter has recently expanded from Davis to Yolo County with virtual workshops and outreach programs.
- We provided donations of PPE to local hospitals, schools, and charities during this critical time of need.
- Our board members also organized and led a Unity Against Hate Rally at the local Farmers Market in Davis, distributing educational materials highlighting historic and current API role models, and preparing interactive exhibits.
- We organized a very successful workshop “How to Protect Your Rights in the Workplace” to combat racial profiling and unfair treatment of API professionals in the areas of science and research. Guest speakers included Attorney Joseph Walker and Dr. Xi Xiaoxing, a professor at Temple University who was wrongfully accused of stealing trade secrets.
- Our chapter has led the call for city council acknowledgements and condemnations of the escalating rise of Asian Hate Crimes in our city, county, and nations.
- Andrew Kim, our board member, is leading the APAPA National Internship Program and works closely with a strong team to coordinate workshops and placements with interns across the country.
- We are planning a Lunar New Year Event next year to recognize community leaders and support local student organizations.
About this Chapter
- Sharon Guo, Chair
- Ruth Asmundson, Immediate Past Chair
- Alan Wei, Vice-Chair
- Wei Zhang, President
- Marina Harper, VP Development
- Lisa Salinas, VP Membership
- Christina Vo, VP Student Affairs
- Donglan Tian, Treasurer
- James Guo, Board Member
- Gurkern Sufi, Board Member
- Mary Yin Liu, Board Member
- Andrew Kim, Board Member
- Samantha Hum, Board Member