From 2020, we have been actively engaged in different areas of our local community. Our values include education, leadership and active participation in civic & public affairs including voter registration.
- Our chapter has recently expanded from Davis to Yolo County with virtual workshops and outreach programs.
- We provided donations of PPE to local hospitals, schools, and charities during their most critical time of need.
- Our board members organized and led a Unity Against Hate Rally at the local Farmers Market in Davis, distributing educational materials, highlighting historic and current AAPI role models, and preparing interactive exhibits.
- Our chapter has and will continue to provide voter registration opportunities and education at the Davis Farmers Market.
- Our chapter worked with student leaders at Woodland High School and Pioneer High School for AAPI Heritage Month.
- We organized a very successful workshop “How to Protect Your Rights in the Workplace” to combat racial profiling and unfair treatment of AAPI professionals in the areas of science and research. Guest speakers included Attorney Joseph Walker and Dr. Xi Xiaoxing, a professor at Temple University who was wrongfully accused of stealing trade secrets.
- Our chapter has led the call for city council, public school districts, County Board of Supervisors, County Board of Education and Community College Board of Trustees acknowledgements and condemnations of the escalating rise of Asian Hate Crimes in our city, county, and nations.
- Andrew Kim, our board member, is leading the APAPA National Internship Program and works closely with a strong team to coordinate workshops and placements with interns across the country.
- APAPA Davis board members, Andrew Kim and Ruth Asmundson have served as a mentors to many UC Davis students.
- APAPA Davis has worked with the Yolo County Assessor Clerk Recorder Elections Office with members and board members serving on the Voter Accessibility Advisory Committee and Language Accessibility Advisory Committee.
- We plan a celebration event each year, such as our Lunar New Year gala and our AAPI Heritage Month celebration, to recognize community leaders and support local student organizations.
Donate to This Chapter
About this Chapter
- Sharon Guo, Chair
- Ruth Asmundson, Immediate Past Chair
- Wei Zhang, President
- Alan Wei, Vice-Chair
- Aaron Wedra, VP Development
- Lisa Yep Salinas, VP Membership
- Christina Vo, VP Student Affairs
- Donglan Tian, Treasurer and Secretary
- Gurkern Sufi, Board Member
- Mary Yin Liu, Board Member
- Andrew Kim, Board Member
- Samantha Hum, Board Member